Pentru romanii plecati in Marea Britanie, care ce-i drept nu sunt putini ci aproape jumatate de milion de oameni, limba romana natala, cat si expresiile ei, s-au dovedit un bagaj de cunostinte care trebuia transpus la engleza britanicilor.
De fiecare data cand un roman, abia ajuns in regat se enerva, in mintea lui era injuratura sau expresia romaneasca.Insa avand in vedere ca nu se afla in Romania, astfel incat sa poata da curs „melodiei limbii”, a trebuit sa se adapteze. Astfel au aparut expresiile romano-britanice, cum ar fi „die my mother if I lie you”, cu care suntem toti obisnuiti din limba noastra „sa moara mama, daca te mint”.
We are smart, and we are reliable! We are funny, and we are people „de viata”, in romanian terms. (meaning mot-a-mot : „people of life”, but in our beautiful romanian language).
Cum s-au adaptat romanii la engleza din Marea Britanie: Die my mother if I lie you, un fel de a iti da cuvantul pe romaneste.
Daca ai auzit vreodata in regat vreo expresie, nu te sfii sa ne-o transmiti, si sa distribui tuturor romanilor articolul:
A.When you’ll eat the last piece of a Romanian dinner , you’ll expect to hear: „I hope it, stays in your throat! „(Sper, sa-ti stea-n gat!)
B.When you twisted, a Romanian will tell you: „You give yourself in dance, or You give yourself in the boats.” (O dai in bailando or O dai in barci)
C.A Romanian expression meaning its like a painting (this one will have to get like it is):” There are many sheeps on the field. But lambs my dick.” Pe asta nu o mai traducem, va lasam pe dvs.
D.A Romanian will say to you when will feel you not close: „What is it with all these farts on you?” (Ti-ai luat basini!)
E.A Romania will tell you when you’re looking for the bathroom: „The bathroom is in the cornfield, you will feel the smell.(„Baia-i dupa colt,o gasesti dupa miros” ). Distribuie daca te-ai simtit, inapoi acasa!
We did not come to your country to invade you, take your womens, or your jobs, because there is place for everyone, even if is a small one, in a house with only one restroom for 10 people.We came with „mic and mare” (translated in „all of us,from the smallest to the biggest”) in your country, because our country could not provide us, the real resources for a decent life.
So…in TESCO or other market, when you’ll see in front of you a smiling person who scanning your products, with a badge in chest, which is named „Adrian, Stefan, Ion, Vasile, Mircea, Sorin, Andrei, Andreea, Ioana, Alexandra, Alecandru”, you’ll need to know or just process in your mind before to be cold, if that person, is not an eminence in their country, with lack of fortune.
1. A Romanian hasn’t just “screwed up”…he “threw his boogers in the beans” (A dat cu mucii-n fasole).
2. A Romanian won’t “try to fool you”…he’ll “throw vapours at you” (Te aburește).
3. Nor will he “lie to you”… he’ll “sell you doughnuts” (Vinde gogoși).
4. A Romanian doesn’t “suddenly get it”… his “coin drops” (Îi pică fisa).
5. A Romanian is not “surprised”… his “face has fallen off” (I-a picat fața).
6. A Romanian didn’t just “do so much with so little”…he “made a whip out of shit” (Face din rahat bici).
7. A Romanian won’t “lose temper”…his “mustard will jump off” (Îi sare muștarul).
8. A Romanian is not “extremely tired”…he’s “cabbage.” His life is not “chaotic”… it’s “cabbage.” And his room is not “a complete mess”…it’s also “cabbage” (Varză).
9. A Romanian doesn’t simply deem an effort “useless”… he says it’s “a rub on a wooden leg” (Frecție la picior de lemn).
10. You don’t “drive a Romanian nuts”… you “take him out of his watermelons” (Îl scoți din pepeni).
11. A Romanian will not have “the impostor syndrome”… he will “feel with the fly on his cap” (Se simte cu musca pe căciulă).
12. In Romania, things are not “far away”… they’re “at the devil’s mother” (La mama naibii).
13. A Romanian is not “crazy”…he’s “gone on a raft” (Dus cu pluta).
14. A Romanian won’t tell you to stop “wasting time”… he’ll tell you to stop “rubbing the mint” (Freaca menta).
15. A Romanian won’t say that something is “cool”… he’ll say it’s “concrete” (Beton).
16. A Romanian is not “nervous”… he “has a carrot (in the ass)” (Are un morcov în fund).
17. A Romanian doesn’t just “keep quiet”… he “keeps quiet like the pig in a corn field” (Tace ca porcu-n păpușoi).
18. As a Romanian you don’t “fool yourself”… you “get drunk with cold water” (Te îmbeți cu apă rece).
19. A Romanian is not “stupid”… he’s “a Venice bush” (Tufă de Veneția).
20. A Romanian won’t “call it quits”… he’ll “stick his feet in” (Își bagă picioarele).
21. A Romanian hasn’t been “scammed”… he “took a spike” (A luat țeapă).
22. A Romanian is not “a drunkard”… he’s “a blotting paper” (Sugativă).
23. A Romanian will not look at you “confused”… he will “stare like the crow at the bone” (Ca cioara la ciolan).
24. A Romanian doesn’t have “unusual ideas”… he has “a curly mind” (Minte creață).
Daca ti-a placut articolul si te-ai regasit macar o data in el, ne bucuram.Daca a fost asa distribuie-l si tu, sa ajunga la cat mai multi romani, si sa nu uitam nici o clipa de unde am plecat.